Terraform is a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently. Terraform can manage existing and popular service providers as well as custom in-house solutions.
This training aims to give an overview of Terraform, its benefits and how it can be used to implement an "infrastructure as code" approach in a AWS environment.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Setup Terraform
- Implement an "infrastructure as code" approach to manage AWS resources
- Write declarative configuration files to full setup an AWS account
- Improve transparency in the infrastructure setup
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure
- Active AWS account
- Familiarity with Linux and the command line and basic knowledge of bash
- Recent Debian-like Linux operating system native (recommended) or running via VirtualBox.
- Software developers
- System administrator
- Cloud architects
- Cloud environments and what changed with their introduction
- Terraform installation
- Features and Architecture
- Workflow (write, plan, execute, destroy)
- Configuration Files and Variables
- Use cases
- Summary and Conclusion
The training will be provided as presentation, discussion, exercises and hands-on practice.
Training location: Berlin or client offices (the price does not include commute expenses)
Remote training sessions are 15% discounted.
The training is for a maximum of 4 people