Puppet is an open-core software configuration management tool, it uses its own declarative language to describe system configuration.
This training delivers an in-depth overview on Puppet. After seeing how to setup client and server applications, writing basic recipes, topics as Hiera, Facter, dynamic facts and secrets encryption will be covered.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Setup Puppet client and server
- Create basic recipes and apply them
- Create dynamic configurations based on node roles
- Write recipes that contain confidential encoded in safe ways
- Familiarity with Linux and the command line and basic knowledge of bash
- A general understanding of software installation, packaging, dependencies, etc.
- Recent Debian-like Linux operating system (recommended) native or running via VirtualBox.
- Software developers
- System administrator
- Introduction and reasoning behind configuration systems
- Puppet architecture
- Packages and Services
- Files and Directories
- Templates and files
- Definitions Classes
- Puppet DSL
- Relationships and ordering
- HIERA and its backend services
- Roles and Dynamic class loading
- Credentials management
- Recipes using PuppetDB
- Cloud and Bare-metal environments
The training will be provided as presentation, discussion, exercises and hands-on practice.
Training location: Berlin or client offices (the price does not include commute expenses)
Remote training sessions are 15% discounted.
The training is for a maximum of 4 people