Puppet is an open-core software configuration management tool, it uses its own declarative language to describe system configuration.
This training aims to give an basic overview on Puppet. Setting up the client and server applications and writing basic recipes that will be distributed and applied by the nodes participating the the cluster.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Setup Puppet client and server
- Create basic recipes and apply them
- Familiarity with Linux and the command line and basic knowledge of bash
- A general understanding of software installation, packaging, dependencies, etc.
- Recent Debian-like Linux operating system (recommended) native or running via VirtualBox.
- Software developers
- System administrator
- Introduction and reasoning behind configuration systems
- Puppet architecture
- Packages and Services
- Files and Directories
- Templates and files
- Definitions Classes
- Puppet DSL
- Relationships and ordering
The training will be provided as presentation, discussion, exercises and hands-on practice.
Training location: Berlin or client offices (the price does not include commute expenses)
Remote training sessions are 15% discounted.
The training is for a maximum of 4 people