Docker is an open-source platform that automates the building, shipping and running of software applications inside containers.
This training aims to give an basic overview on Docker, being able to run containers, knowing how it works the underlying technology and how is different from the traditional virtualization.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Setup docker
- Build and run docker images
- Use docker-compose to automate some tasks that could be cumbersome and error prone when one via commandline.
- A general idea of virtualization or container software
- Familiarity with Linux and the command line
- A general understanding of software installation, packaging, dependencies, etc.
- Basic knowledge of bash is helpful but not strictly necessary
- Recent Debian-like Linux operating system (recommended) or macOS Sierra 10.12
- Software developers
- System administrator
- IT managers and operations teams
- Containers compared to Virtual Machines
- Preparing our infrastructure/Installing Docker
- Docker Architecture
- Containers and Images
- Building Images
- Running Containers
- Environment variables
- Docker Registry
- Docker Volumes
- Docker Networks
- Docker Compose
The training will be provided as presentation, discussion, exercises and hands-on practice.
Training location: Berlin or client offices (the price does not include commute expenses)
Remote training sessions are 15% discounted.
The training is for a maximum of 4 people