Docker is an open-source platform that automates the building, shipping and running of software applications inside containers.
This training aims to give an exhaustive overview on Docker and the Docker Swarm orchestrator. The training includes the topics from "Docker foundations" course and extends it with the concepts of networks, multiple nodes, fault tolerance and running multiple applications in cauterized environment.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Setup docker
- Build and run docker images
- Use docker-compose to automate some tasks that could be cumbersome and error prone when one via commandline.
- Create Docker Swarm clusters and manage the underlying nodes and services
- Perform basic troubleshooting by inspecting logs and service statuses
- Understanding of how Mesh-Rouging and DNSRR works
- A general idea of virtualization or container software
- Familiarity with Linux and the command line
- A general understanding of software installation, packaging, dependencies, etc.
- Basic knowledge of bash is helpful but not strictly necessary
- Recent Debian-like Linux operating system (recommended) or macOS Sierra 10.12
- Software developers
- System administrator
- IT managers and operations teams
- Containers compared to Virtual Machines
- Preparing our infrastructure/Installing Docker
- Docker Architecture
- Containers and Images
- Building Images
- Running Containers
- Environment variables
- Docker Registry
- Docker Volumes
- Docker Networks
- Docker Compose
- Docker Networking and Internal DNS
- Docker Services
- Docker Swarm Mode
- Concepts - Manager & Workers
- Overlay Network
- Service Discovery
- Routing Mesh
- Initializing Swarm
- Deploy modes and rolling updates and rollback policies
- Docker Logs
The training will be provided as presentation, discussion, exercises and hands-on practice.
Training location: Berlin or client offices (the price does not include commute expenses)
Remote training sessions are 15% discounted.
The training is for a maximum of 4 people