Docker is an open-source platform that automates the building, shipping and running of software applications inside containers.
The training includes the topics from "Docker foundations" and "Docker Swarm intermediate" courses. Aims to give an exhaustive overview on Docker and the Docker Swarm orchestrator, including concepts as Docker Stacks, scalability, troubleshooting and security issues.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Setup docker
- Build and run docker images
- Use docker-compose to automate some tasks that could be cumbersome and error prone when one via commandline.
- Confidently create Docker Swarm clusters and manage the underlying nodes and services
- Perform basic troubleshooting by inspecting logs and service statuses
- Understanding of how Mesh-Rouging and DNSRR works
- Deploy services selectively distributing them across the nodes in the cluster
- Understanding security implications of running containers with advanced privileges
- A general idea of virtualization or container software
- Familiarity with Linux and the command line
- A general understanding of software installation, packaging, dependencies, etc.
- Basic knowledge of bash is helpful but not strictly necessary
- Recent Debian-like Linux operating system (recommended) or macOS Sierra 10.12
- Software developers
- System administrator
- Containers compared to Virtual Machines
- Preparing our infrastructure/Installing Docker
- Docker Architecture
- Containers and Images
- Building Images
- Running Containers
- Environment variables
- Docker Registry
- Docker Volumes
- Docker Networks
- Docker Compose
- Docker Networking
Docker Swarm Mode
- Concepts - Manager & Workers
- Overlay Network
- Service Discovery
- Routing Mesh
- Initializing Swarm
- Deploy modes and rolling updates and rollback policies
- Docker Logs
- Docker Stacks
- Docker Secrets
- Partitioning / Node Labeling
- CPU and Memory allocation
- Node Management
- Securing the Docker Engine/Swarm
- Summary and Conclusion
The training will be provided as presentation, discussion, exercises and hands-on practice.
Training location: Berlin or client offices (the price does not include commute expenses)
Remote training sessions are 15% discounted.
The training is for a maximum of 4 people